[rabbitmq-discuss] Return of 'getting started, broker runs; can't get status'

J Aaron Farr farra at apache.org
Tue Sep 22 09:58:52 BST 2009

On Tue 22 Sep 2009 16:43, Paul Jones <pauljones23 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is rabbit running as root or rabbitmq? If you're running rabbit as rabbitmq,
> then you may need to add "-U rabbitmq" to the sudo command to ensure that
> rabbitmqctl is running as the same user.

I've tried both combinations, as root and as rabbitmq.  I've checked to
ensure both processes are run as the exact same user.  Still no dice.

I've also made sure every rabbitmq directory is owned by rabbitmq.

`net_adm:localhost().` returns 'gandalf.local' which is the name of the
local computer.  I've even added a line in /etc/hosts for gandalf.local
for 127.0.0.1.

I'm really stumped here.

--
   J. Aaron Farr