[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq node down..

tracey eubanks traceye at pmamediagroup.com
Thu Oct 29 18:04:20 GMT 2009

I downloaded rabbitmq v1.7.0 and installed it into my /usr/local/lib/
erlang/lib (erlang vR13B02-1) directory then linked the rabbitmq-
server, rabbitmqctl, rabbitmq-multi and rabbitmq-env files to /bin. I
can start the server just fine but when I try to connect to it or run
rabbitmqctl status, it gives me this error,

Error: unable to connect to node rabbit at mymac: nodedown
diagnostics:
- unable to connect to epmd on mymac: nxdomain
- current node: rabbitmqctl19789 at mymac
- current node home dir: /Users/administrator
- current node cookie hash: F0FO97xqCdIRZ5FhimfiDg==

I'm not sure what's going on. I installed rabbitmq v1.6.0 the same way
and everything works just fine.

Thanks guys