[rabbitmq-discuss] Unable to get STOMP plugin working with 1.7.0 on Debian Lenny

Frank Wiles frank at revsys.com
Tue Oct 27 21:09:18 GMT 2009

Hi Everyone,

I asked about this in IRC, but was asked to post my question to the
list so it is archived here.  Apparently the docs aren't up to do date
on this.  Here is the procedure I went through:

1) Installed rabbitmq-server_1.7.0-1_all.deb
2) Cloned the public umbrella package
3) Built rabbitmq-stomp plugin as directed in the docs
5) Copied all of the files in dist/ for that plugin to
/usr/lib/rabbitmq/plugins
6) Ran rabbitmq-activate-plugins
7) Created /etc/default/rabbitmq to contain:
SERVER_START_ARGS='-rabbit_stomp listeners [{"0.0.0.0",61613}]'

Restarted the server.   While the server runs, I see no mention of
'stomp' in the args or when viewing a status.  And the 61613 port
isn't open.  Any ideas?

--
Frank Wiles
Revolution Systems | http://www.revsys.com/