[rabbitmq-discuss] Round-robin queue failover

Sebastian mail at sebastian-latza.de
Mon Oct 26 16:49:57 GMT 2009

Alexis Richardson:

> 2. You do care about replicating state - which I think is the case you
> have in mind.  Then you can fail over to a passive server.  We can
> provide some more info on this if you like -- we have done it for a
> few people but it is not yet 'available OOTB'.  (You can also do
> active/active but it is much more fiddly atm).

I want to make sure that when an event happens, it can be delivered to
the correct queue in any case ( "always writable"). As a very
simplified example I would want to send out welcome mails
asynchronously to newly registered customers. If the message queue for
this function wasn't available at the time I'd have to shut down my
registration which I would want to avoid naturally.
I'd be happy to provide you with testing/feedback and maybe some basic
erlang hacking for anything that might help regarding that problem.

Regards
Sebastian