[rabbitmq-discuss] Round-robin queue failover

Sebastian mail at sebastian-latza.de
Mon Oct 26 16:04:52 GMT 2009

Kyle Schaffrick:

> Attempting to create two identically-named queues will
> result in declaring the same queue twice; the two consumers then
> consuming from that queue will see load-balancing behavior.

Thanks for the clarification. Since this does not work: how do I
achieve reliable persistent message delivery even if the one node
holding the queue dies? As stated before my take would be to replicate
queues client-side on independent brokers, but this seems to be
getting quite complicated as the queues have to be "double-declared",
linked and properly re-initialized on startup of a new empty broker
(basically doing some kind of client-side clustering).

Regards
Sebastian