[rabbitmq-discuss] Simple benchmark and results

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Wed Oct 21 19:16:41 BST 2009

David,

David Glaubman wrote:
>> Given that sending is asynchronous
>
> Not so fast! (so to speak;-) -- rabbit .Net client uses TCPClient,
> which "provides simple methods for connecting, sending, and receiving
> stream data over a network in synchronous blocking mode."
> (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.net.sockets.tcpclient.aspx)

Do you know what is meant by "synchronous blocking mode"? I thought it
just meant that, say, a call to Write won't return until the kernel has
taken responsibility for the data (which doesn't mean it's been sent,
let alone received by the other end or passed to the app layer there).
That would not involve any waiting unless the buffers involved are full
due to network congestion or the server not draining the data fast enough.

Matthias.