[rabbitmq-discuss] unknown revision rabbitmq_v1_7_0

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Mon Oct 19 12:08:05 BST 2009

DOBRO wrote:
> Tried to compile stomp adapter for RabbitMQ 1.7.0.
> Running hg -R rabbitmq-stomp up rabbitmq_v1_7_0
> gives:
> abort: unknown revision 'rabbitmq_v1_7_0'!
> [...]
> Which proper revision should I use to compile stomp adapter for RabbitMQ
> 1.7.0?
> Is it ready?

The packages listed under 'Experimental Downloads' at
<http://www.rabbitmq.com/download.html#experimental> don't get tagged
during our formal release process, because we'd generally like people to
use the latest versions (i.e. the latest revision in the 'default'
branch in the hg repository).  These packages should work, and we hope
they are useful to people, but we provide them on an 'as is' basis -
they don't get tested prior to release in the same way that our released
packages do. We expect that in time some of those experimental packages
will graduate to join our released packages.

With all that said, sometimes we do go ahead and tag those other
packages, as you can see, in particular when the latest revisions on
'default' do not work with the most recent official server release.

Regards,

Matthias.