[rabbitmq-discuss] Install 1.7 on debian with apt-get

Ted Slusser ted.slusser at vanderbilt.edu
Thu Oct 8 20:29:57 BST 2009

Here is what I have for erlang
slusset at edisubu4:~$ sudo dpkg -l | grep erlang
ii  erlang                               1:12.b.3-
dfsg-4                               Concurrent, real-time,
distributed functiona
ii  erlang-base                          1:12.b.3-
dfsg-4                               Concurrent, real-time,
distributed functiona
ii  erlang-dev                           1:12.b.3-
dfsg-4                               Concurrent, real-time,
distributed functiona
ii  erlang-examples                      1:12.b.3-
dfsg-4                               Concurrent, real-time,
distributed functiona
ii  erlang-mode                          1:12.b.3-
dfsg-4                               Concurrent, real-time,
distributed functiona
ii  erlang-nox                           1:12.b.3-
dfsg-4                               Concurrent, real-time,
distributed functiona
ii  erlang-src                           1:12.b.3-
dfsg-4                               Concurrent, real-time,
distributed functiona
ii  erlang-x11                           1:12.b.3-
dfsg-4                               Concurrent, real-time,
distributed functiona

When I try to install erlang-ssl I get this:

slusset at edisubu4:~$ sudo apt-get install erlang-ssl
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package erlang-ssl is not available, but is referred to by another
package.
is only available from another source
E: Package erlang-ssl has no installation candidate

I'm looking for a source that has this package.  Here's my sources.list:

slusset at edisubu4:~$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian lenny main
deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian lenny main

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian etch-proposed-updates main

deb http://www.rabbitmq.com/debian/ testing main

Any thoughts on where I can get erlang-ssl?

Thanks,
Ted