[rabbitmq-discuss] Producer eating up RAM

Suhail Doshi suhail at mixpanel.com
Sun Oct 4 20:43:15 BST 2009

I had this problem earlier today and it seems to continue:
I have rabbitmq working great and the producer alongside but then out of
nowhere all of a sudden the producer consumes my complete 4 GB of RAM all at
once causing swapping to occur amongst other things.

Any ideas why my producer would suddenly jump and consume all the RAM
available? I am getting a serious amount of volume of items hitting the
queue.

I run rabbitmq in persistence alongside with the producer and using acking
for my producers.

Suhail