[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ SNMP Plugin

Scott Brooks scott.brooks at epicadvertising.com
Mon Nov 30 21:16:25 GMT 2009

I'm getting to the last stages of a SNMP plugin to expose the info provided by rabbitmqctl.  I've attached the output from some snmptable commands.

As I'm finishing off the plugin, I'm guessing that it would probably be worthwhile to have this included as a core piece of RabbitMQ.  The plugin is not really doing anything different compared to running rabbitmqctl from the erlang side, and that probably wouldn't scale that well for large servers.  Having that information be published to the snmp agent would probably scale better.

LShift: Is there much enthusiasm for having SNMP support builtin to rabbit?  Or should I keep pursing the plugin side.