[rabbitmq-discuss] channel limits

JD Conley jdc at hive7.com
Wed Nov 18 17:44:28 GMT 2009

> The channel number is a short in the AMQP spec, which means 16
> bits, so 65535 is the maximum channel. It's likely you'll need to tune
> Erlang slightly for this given the default number of processes is
> 32768.
> A +P 134217727 arg to erl should get round this for you.

Is this a limitation per RabbitMQ cluster then? Just trying to get a feel
for how I need to architect the cluster and application code...

Does RabbitMQ re-use old channel numbers? I have a channel pool that my
basic.consume clients use. These pools are torn down whenever my client
process restarts, which is often multiple times per day (whenever we push an
update to the web farm).

-JD