[rabbitmq-discuss] Debug strategy for truncated message bodies

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Fri Nov 13 18:13:16 GMT 2009

Hi Garrett,

Garrett Smith wrote:
> My first inclination is just to use tcpdump to figure out what's going
> on, but perhaps there's a more straight forward approach for debugging
> this, or any obvious known issues that would explain the truncation.

No obvious known issues, not to me at least; tcpdump or the RabbitMQ
Tracer (java CLI app, com.rabbitmq.tools.Tracer) would be good starts.
Also interesting would be to try a dummy consumer in Java to see if it's
on the inbound (to RabbitMQ) leg or on the outbound leg that the
truncation is appearing.

Tony