[rabbitmq-discuss] DNS Issues / Error: cannot_get_pid

Michael Elsdörfer michael at elsdoerfer.com
Wed Nov 11 12:32:47 GMT 2009

Thanks for the response.

I actually managed to gather those settings on my own and had tried them
in the meantime - they don't seem to work (not in fixing the DNS-related
issue, anyway):

* With "NODENAME=rabbit at localhost" startup_log says "Starting node
rabbit at localhost@myhostname..."""

* Strangely, "rabbitmq-multi status" still references
"rabbit at myhostname", despite the NODENAME setting.

I'm using the Debian package from http://www.rabbitmq.com/debian/
(version 1.7.0-1).

I should say that I've since worked around the issue by configuring
iptables to pass all connections from the local interface through
(using: iptables -A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT), so it's not a showstopper
for me.

Michael

[FWIW, the process name missing in my initial mail is "init_gethost 4" -
though I've since noticed that the two instances of it are also running
when RabbitMQ started up successfully, so I suppose that's actually normal.]