[rabbitmq-discuss] Problem running rabbitmqctl

Robert Raschke rtrlists at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 4 10:08:08 GMT 2009

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 12:24 AM, Marcus Irven <marcus at marcusirven.com>wrote:

> I've installed rabbitmq 1.6.0 via yum on two CentOS servers (one on
> slicehost and the other on EC2) and I'm running rabbitmq as a service.  On
> both servers I get an error when trying to run rabbitmqctl:
>
> {"init terminating in
> do_boot",{undef,[{rabbit_control,start,[]},{init,start_it,1},{init,start_em,1}]}}
>
> Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump
>

> Any help is appreciated.

The error means that rabbit_control:start() is a function that could not be
found by the Erlang runtime (it's undefined). I'm not sure how things are
installed for you (combined Erlang and Rabbit or just Rabbit making use of a
centrally installed Erlang). You could check the Erlang path settings in the
rabbitmqctl script to see if the Rabbit folders are included correctly.

Robby