[rabbitmq-discuss] dropped messages

smittycb10 msmith1638 at gmail.com
Thu May 21 21:38:31 BST 2009

I have created a basic example using .NET clients. My broker is running in an
out of the box configuration. Feeding into my broker I have a client that
publishes messages via the basic publish method to two topic exchanges.
Message persistence is turned off. On another machine I have a client that
simply rips the messages from the two exchanges and takes some statistical
data.

Input into the system is about 31,000 messages per second. Now if I run the
client on the same machine as the input program and broker or on a different
machine on the network my through put is only about 4500 - 5000 messages per
second. Is this the max amount of messages that Rabbit MQ can handle or am I
missing some serious performance tweaks.

Would appreciate some performance tuning tips or pointers to documentation
on this subject.

Thanks
Mark