[rabbitmq-discuss] Fanout exchange not playing ball?

Tim Perrett tperrett at googlemail.com
Mon May 18 22:27:03 BST 2009

Hey guys,

I've setup a fanout exchange and my expectation does not match the
output... My expectation was that using a fanout exchange all
listening clients would get all messages - however this doesn't appear
to be the case. I started two separate instances of the same
application and run the listeners - I then publish a message into the
exchange, and it appears that App1 gets a message, then App2 gets
nothing. I send another message into the queue and then App2 gets the
message but not App1 - im a little lost how this could happen?

My creation code looks like:

    val ticket = channel.accessRequest("/data")
    channel.exchangeDeclare(ticket, "mult", "topic")
    channel.queueDeclare(ticket, "mult_queue")
    channel.queueBind(ticket, "mult_queue", "mult", "example.*")
    channel.basicConsume(ticket, "mult_queue", false, new
SerializedConsumer(channel, this))

Any ideas / suggestions?

Cheers, Tim