[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ on OSX - Having Problems...

Tim Perrett tperrett at googlemail.com
Sun May 17 12:13:29 BST 2009

Morning Dmitriy,

Thanks for your response. I actually managed to fix it really late
last night. It appears that in the sharing preferences of OSX you set
the network sharing name, mine was "macbookpro". I then started to
fiddle around and found that I needed to add "macbookpro" to my
/etc/hosts file in order for rabbitmqctl to work...

The interesting is that before I added the hosts record, I could still
ping "macbookpro". So im not sure how RabbitMQ resolves the hosts, but
it must bypass whatever internal mechanism OSX uses.

Sorry about spamming the list - was kind of clutching at straws last
night when I finally got this to work!

Cheers, Tim