[rabbitmq-discuss] .net client exception

Isaac Cambron icambron at gmail.com
Tue May 5 01:45:57 BST 2009

Hi,

I have a messaging application that runs fine on my local machine (Windows
Server 2008, .net 3.5) but blows up on my production machine (a VM, Windows
Server 2003, .net 3.5). They're using the same broker. Here's the error:

Unhandled Exception: RabbitMQ.Client.Exceptions.AlreadyClosedException: The
AMQP operation was interrupted: AMQP close-reason, initiated by Library,
code=0, text="End of stream", classId=0, methodId=0,
cause=System.IO.EndOfStreamException:
Heartbeat missing with heartbeat == 3 seconds
   at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.SessionBase.Transmit(Command cmd)
   at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.ModelBase.ModelSend(MethodBase method,
ContentHeaderBase header, Byte[] body)
   at RabbitMQ.Client.Framing.Impl.v0_8.Model._Private_BasicPublish(String
exchange, String routingKey, Boolean mandatory, Boolean immediate,
IBasicProperties basicProperties, Byte[] body)
   at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.ModelBase.BasicPublish(String exchange, String
routingKey, Boolean mandatory, Boolean immediate, IBasicProperties
basicProperties, Byte[] body)
   at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.ModelBase.BasicPublish(String exchange, String
routingKey, IBasicProperties basicProperties, Byte[] body)

And below that, my code starts. Searching around the net, I saw there are
similar issues with certain versions of Mono, but this is Windows. I also
can't find any differences between the two environments except operating
system version. Is this a known issue? What does it really mean? Where
should I start looking?

Thanks a ton,
Isaac