[rabbitmq-discuss] Custom Exchange Implementation

Levi Greenspan greenspan.levi at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 25 15:42:35 GMT 2009

On Wed, 2009-03-25 at 15:33 +0000, Alexis Richardson wrote:
> Levi
>
> That's fascinating.  Can I ask what application you have that requires this?
>
> alexis

Sure. What I have is a frontend and a backend  with RabbitMQ in between.
The frontend and the backend consist of multiple nodes to spread the
load. However I need to consistently route the traffic from the frontend
to the same node in the backend. Initially the routing key is only known
in the frontend, so I can not have backend nodes binding themselves to
the exchange, as they don't know the key. Hence my custom exchange type,
that binds the queues dynamically.

Cheers,
Levi