[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ startup time with durable queues

Aymerick Jéhanne aymerick at fotonauts.com
Thu Mar 19 12:39:15 GMT 2009

Hi,

I'm beaten by rabbitmq's startup time with a lot of durable queues.

Actually, I have more than 5500 durable queues, with almost 10
bindings by queues. And I simply can't restart rabbitmq at all, I have
to delete its mnesia directory then recreate all queues and bindings.

So I have done some tests to measure the startup time.

Script to test is here: http://gist.github.com/81789

My results are here: http://tinyurl.com/cne7fj

So it takes one hour to start rabbitmq with 6000 (empty) durable
queues. I can't wait that time... so as I said I reset mnesia
directory at each restart, with data loss if there were still some
messages in the queues before the restart.

Do you guys have an idea of what's the issue ?

Aymerick