[rabbitmq-discuss] Cluster Pathology

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Tue Mar 17 11:20:37 GMT 2009

Jason J. W. Williams wrote:
> That's pretty exciting. :-) What would be the difference between a
> pluggable and distributed queue?

By "pluggable queue" I mean that the implementation for actually storing
messages before forwarding them can be varied. Currently there's just
the one implementation baked into the system.

By "distributed queue" I mean that one of the (pluggable) options for
storing and transacting messages could be to replicate the queue across
more than a single node -- perhaps using a mnesia table, perhaps using a
SQL data base, perhaps using something else.

Tony
--
 [][][] Tony Garnock-Jones     | Mob: +44 (0)7905 974 211
   [][] LShift Ltd             | Tel: +44 (0)20 7729 7060
 []  [] http://www.lshift.net/ | Email: tonyg at lshift.net