[rabbitmq-discuss] Weird mercurial error cloning abbitmg-dotnet-client repository

Michael Greene michael.greene at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 14:25:43 GMT 2009

Seeing a very similar problem to Jon's on a fresh clone.  My existing
copy works fine. (looks like I should update hg, but Jon does not have
that problem)

C:\sources\rabbit2>hg -v clone http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-dotnet-client/
destination directory: rabbitmq-dotnet-client
requesting all changes
adding changesets
adding manifests
adding file changes
transaction abort!
rollback completed
** unknown exception encountered, details follow
** report bug details to http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/bts
** or mercurial at selenic.com
** Mercurial Distributed SCM (version 1.0.2+20080813)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "hg", line 20, in <module>
  File "mercurial\dispatch.pyc", line 20, in run
  File "mercurial\dispatch.pyc", line 29, in dispatch
  File "mercurial\dispatch.pyc", line 45, in _runcatch
  File "mercurial\dispatch.pyc", line 364, in _dispatch
  File "mercurial\dispatch.pyc", line 417, in _runcommand
  File "mercurial\dispatch.pyc", line 373, in checkargs
  File "mercurial\dispatch.pyc", line 358, in <lambda>
  File "mercurial\commands.pyc", line 546, in clone
  File "mercurial\hg.pyc", line 230, in clone
  File "mercurial\localrepo.pyc", line 2144, in clone
  File "mercurial\localrepo.pyc", line 1504, in pull
  File "mercurial\localrepo.pyc", line 2036, in addchangegroup
  File "mercurial\revlog.pyc", line 1168, in addgroup
  File "mercurial\changegroup.pyc", line 31, in chunkiter
  File "mercurial\changegroup.pyc", line 21, in getchunk
  File "mercurial\util.pyc", line 1493, in read
  File "mercurial\httprepo.pyc", line 141, in zgenerator
zlib.error: Error -3 while decompressing: invalid block type

I did notice this repo takes far longer during the "adding file
changes" stage than any of the other repositories.  I saw it wait
there for ~3 minutes.

Regards,
Michael Greene