[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ/Spring integration - help required

Vivek Ramesh. Kubaji vivek.kubaji at onmobile.com
Thu Jun 25 16:18:13 BST 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to evaluate RabbitMQ for our project. And I'm using
Spring-integration framework. From the posts in the forum I ended up
using the following configuration (jms part):

      <beans:bean id="amqConnectionFactory"

class="org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnectionFactory">

            <beans:constructor-arg

value="amqp://guest:guest@/localhost?brokerlist='tcp://localhost:5672'"
/>

      </beans:bean>

      <beans:bean id="connectionFactory"

class="org.springframework.jms.connection.SingleConnectionFactory">

            <beans:property name="targetConnectionFactory"

ref="amqConnectionFactory"/>

      </beans:bean>

      <beans:bean id="jms_QueueWest"
class="org.apache.qpid.client.AMQQueue">

            <beans:constructor-arg>

                  <beans:bean class="org.apache.qpid.url.AMQBindingURL">

                        <beans:constructor-arg value="${jms.queue1}"/>

                  </beans:bean>

            </beans:constructor-arg>

      </beans:bean>

and have this in my properties file:

jms.queue1=direct://rabbit//my.queue1

I'm running the RabbitMQ broker using the command
$RABBITMQ_HOME$/sbin/rabbitmq-server.bat. When I start my client
application I am getting the following error:

2009-06-25 19:00:21,192 INFO

org.springframework.jms.listener.DefaultMessageListenerContainer#0-1

[DefaultMessageListenerContainer.refreshConnectionUntilSuccessful] -
Could not refresh JMS Connection for destination
'direct://rabbit/my.queue1/my.queue1?routingkey='my.queue1'' - retrying
in 5000 ms. Cause: Error creating connection: Unable to Connect
org.apache.qpid.transport.ConnectionException

        at
org.apache.qpid.transport.Connection.close(Connection.java:494)

        at
org.apache.qpid.transport.Connection.connect(Connection.java:193)

        at

org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnectionDelegate_0_10.makeBrokerConnection(A
MQConnectionDelegate_0_10.java:161)

        at

org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnection.makeBrokerConnection(AMQConnection.
java:728)

        at

org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnection.<init>(AMQConnection.java:520)

        at

org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnectionFactory.createConnection(AMQConnecti
onFactory.java:276)

        at

org.springframework.jms.connection.SingleConnectionFactory.doCreateConne
ction(SingleConnectionFactory.java:343)

        at

org.springframework.jms.connection.SingleConnectionFactory.initConnectio
n(SingleConnectionFactory.java:290)

        at

org.springframework.jms.connection.SingleConnectionFactory.createConnect
ion(SingleConnectionFactory.java:227)

        at

org.springframework.jms.support.JmsAccessor.createConnection(JmsAccessor
.java:184)

        at

org.springframework.jms.listener.AbstractJmsListeningContainer.createSha
redConnection(AbstractJmsListeningContainer.java:378)

        at

org.springframework.jms.listener.AbstractJmsListeningContainer.refreshSh
aredConnection(AbstractJmsListeningContainer.java:363)

        at

org.springframework.jms.listener.DefaultMessageListenerContainer.refresh
ConnectionUntilSuccessful(DefaultMessageListenerContainer.java:785)

        at

org.springframework.jms.listener.DefaultMessageListenerContainer.recover
AfterListenerSetupFailure(DefaultMessageListenerContainer.java:767)

        at

org.springframework.jms.listener.DefaultMessageListenerContainer$AsyncMe
ssageListenerInvoker.run(DefaultMessageListenerContainer.java:898)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Caused by: org.apache.qpid.transport.ConnectionException

        at

org.apache.qpid.transport.Connection.exception(Connection.java:405)

        at

org.apache.qpid.transport.network.Assembler.exception(Assembler.java:108
)

        at

org.apache.qpid.transport.network.InputHandler.exception(InputHandler.ja
va:196)

        at

org.apache.qpid.transport.network.io.IoReceiver.run(IoReceiver.java:146)

        ... 1 more

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException

        at

org.apache.qpid.transport.network.InputHandler.next(InputHandler.java:19
0)

        at

org.apache.qpid.transport.network.InputHandler.received(InputHandler.jav
a:103)

        at

org.apache.qpid.transport.network.InputHandler.received(InputHandler.jav
a:42)

        at

org.apache.qpid.transport.network.io.IoReceiver.run(IoReceiver.java:128)

        ... 1 more

Seeing the error I feel I have done some stupid mistake  . Somebody
please help me ...

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vivek