[rabbitmq-discuss] 0-9-1 Coming Soon (Was: Roadmap Questions)

Matthew Sackman matthew at lshift.net
Sat Jun 20 11:53:16 BST 2009

Hi Chris,

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 06:39:57PM -0700, celldee wrote:
> Is there a version of RabbitMQ that I can test 0-9-1 functionality
> against. I have v1.6.0, can I use that? I've tried but can't get a
> connection/channel going. Not sure if I'm sending the correct
> information to initiate a communication session.

No, v1.6 does not contain 0-9-1, it's still 0-8. 0-9-1 work is in
development but is not going to appear until at least v1.8 as we pretty
much already have a good idea as to what we're planning for v1.7.
However, don't let that scare you, as Matthias mentioned, v1.5 has taken
much more time than we had wanted, so we are not expecting v1.6 or v1.7
to take as much time. I.e. don't try and use the gap between v1.5 and
v1.6 to estimate the gaps between v1.6 and v1.7 or later.

Matthew