[rabbitmq-discuss] What Erlang client version with RabbitMQ 1.6.0?

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Thu Jun 18 07:37:52 BST 2009

Keith, Lynton, et al,

Keith Irwin wrote:
> I managed to get the "tip" of the rabbitmq-erlang-client to work with
> 1.6.0.

I have mentioned that a few times before, but here goes again ...

Never ever use the 'tip' of any of our repositories as the basis for any
work. The 'tip' points to the last commit, which could have happend on
any, possibly highly experimental, branch. Instead all development work
must be based on (the tips of) named branches, or tagged revisions.

I have added a note in bold to http://stage.rabbitmq.com/mercurial.html,
to warn people about this.

In this particular case, tip of 'default' works atm (but may stop doing
so at some point). I have also just added a rabbitmq_v1_6_0 tag. Use
that instead.

Matthias.