[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ stomp-adapter behaviour

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Fri Jun 12 12:32:07 BST 2009

Nicolas,

Nicolas Echaniz wrote:
> What I believe would be a good approach at the moment is to let the user
> select the desired "defaults" for the stomp-adapter in their rabbitmq.conf
> file somehow.

That may indeed be the way to go, and Gavin suggested the same thing.
Though I'd rather wait with that until we have made the stomp adapter an
independent app, at which point we can give it its own config file.

> There could be settings for all the key questions that Matthias enumerated:
> 1) Should messages be routed to all subscribers or just one (round-robin)?
> 2) Should messages be queued when there are no subscribers?
> 3) When a client has multiple subscriptions to the same destination,
>     should they receive one copy of a message or several?

That then raises the question of what the default, err, defaults should
be :) Any opinions?

Matthias.