[rabbitmq-discuss] Erlang RabbitMQ Client hanshake problem on "State = Driver:handshake(InitialState), "

Lynton Grice lynton.grice at logosworld.com
Tue Jun 9 19:32:58 BST 2009

Hi Matthias,

One more thing that may be causing an issue on my side is the way I compile
the client into BEAM files...

Because I am (unfortunately) using Windows I obviously cannot use the MAKE
file to compile the files, so I am literally going in MANUALLY and compiling
them one by one.

I have tried the following in the command line to compile everything but it
doesn't work....

for %i in (src/*.erl) do erlc -o ebin src/%i

Then it complains about that it cannot find the "amqp_client.hrl" file....

So I go change the files to see the file correctly...

And then I ASSUME it would work with the following command again

for %i in (src/*.erl) do erlc -o ebin src/%i

But it still has compilation errors....it seems to have an error writing the
BEAM files for some reason

BUT if I compile them individually they work fine......very weird...

So I compile them all and them move the BEAM files into an "ebin"
folder...and that is it......

Now I test again with this new erlang client....

And it hangs ;-(

And here is the latest LOG....

=INFO REPORT==== 9-Jun-2009::20:30:20 ===

accepted TCP connection on 0.0.0.0:5672 from 127.0.0.1:2364

=INFO REPORT==== 9-Jun-2009::20:30:20 ===

starting TCP connection <0.172.0> from 127.0.0.1:2364

=ERROR REPORT==== 9-Jun-2009::20:30:30 ===

error on TCP connection <0.172.0> from 127.0.0.1:2364

{handshake_timeout,frame_header}

=INFO REPORT==== 9-Jun-2009::20:30:30 ===

closing TCP connection <0.172.0> from 127.0.0.1:2364

So I seriously have not idea what to do now.....both the server and the
client are the LATEST I can find...am I compiling things wrong?

Any ideas? Thanks again

Lynton