[rabbitmq-discuss] Erlang RabbitMQ Client hanshake problem on "State = Driver:handshake(InitialState), "

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Tue Jun 9 19:00:04 BST 2009

Lynton,

Grice, Lynton (L) wrote:
> I have tried to do what you asked for in order for you to understand the
> problem better, forgive me if I misinterpreted one or two things, just
> let me know and I will try again ;-)

That all looks fine, BUT ...

the reason I asked for this info is so that I could figure out why you
were getting the {undef, [{rabbit_framing_channel,start_link,...}]}
error. It looks like you are no longer getting that error. Is that correct?

What's the problem now? Does network_client_test:lifecycle_test() not
return, and you get an {handshake_timeout,frame_header} error in the
server logs?

If so, that does look like a version incompatibility problem again,
specifically it appears that you are running a 1.5.5 server, but a
non-1.5.x Erlang client. As I said before, if you are running with a
1.5.5 server, make sure that your version of the Erlang client is from a
1.5.x tag/branch. If that doesn't work for you, please send me a
transcript of the commands you are using to get hold of your copies of
the client and server code.

Regards,

Matthias.