[rabbitmq-discuss] erlang client and server disconnection

Jack Moffitt jack at collecta.com
Mon Jun 8 22:41:17 BST 2009

The Erlang client doesn't seem to detect that its socket is dead.  If
I start publishing to an exchange, then kill the server, future
publishes continue without error.  I would think that barring normal
TCP issues, destroying the server would cause amqp_channel:cast/3 to
error on the next call as the channel should no longer be valid.

Is this a bug, or is my code supposed to be getting connection error
notifications via some other mechanism?

jack.