[rabbitmq-discuss] Monitoring options beyond rabbitmqctl

Alex Clemesha clemesha at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 19:31:47 BST 2009

> Hi!
>
> I'm writing a library called TwOTP (https://launchpad.net/twotp) which
> allows to communicate with Erlang nodes using Python/Twisted (mentioned
> in some posts). I've started using RabbitMQ, and I wrote some code to
> show information you can easily extract.
>
> Here you can see the summary page:
>
> http://imagebin.org/51723
>
> And here the virtual host page:
>
> http://imagebin.org/51724
>
> You can find the script in TwOTP source tree, and it will be in the next
> release: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~therve/twotp/trunk/annotate/head%
> 3A/examples/rabbitmq-webui.py
Very nice!  This is approximately how far I got a couple weeks ago writing
very similar code using TwOTP (and then got bogged down by other work).
I have to say TwOTP is very nice to use, and it has a whole set of examples
to get started with.

I intend to come back to this and continue to improve on what I have, and your
example will help, so thanks very much for posting this!  If I get something
decent going, I'll post to the list.

thanks,
-Alex

> I've written that in an hour to show what's possible to do, but I'd be
> happy to focus more on it if you have some ideas.
>
> --
> Thomas

Alex Clemesha
clemesha.org