[rabbitmq-discuss] consuming problems

Jack Moffitt jack at collecta.com
Fri Jun 5 06:03:03 BST 2009

So I've been able to figure out how to create queues, exchanges and
bindings, and also to publish messages to an exchange.  I can't find
documentation for what class_id does in the #content record, but
apparently it's required.  I set it to 60 which was what the only
example I could find used.

Now I'm trying to consume things from the queue.

BasicConsume  = #'basic.consume'{queue = <<"tostorage">>, consumer_tag
= <<"">>}.
#'basic.consume_ok'{consumer_tag = <<"">>} =
amqp_channel:call(Channel, BasicConsume, self()).

fails with:

Channel 1 is shutting down due to: {{badmatch,false},
                                    [{rabbit_writer,assemble_frames,4},
                                     {rabbit_writer,
                                      internal_send_command_async,5},
                                     {rabbit_writer,handle_message,2},
                                     {rabbit_writer,mainloop,1}]}

which seems to be from this line of rabbit_writer:assemble_frames/4:

true = rabbit_framing:method_has_content(MethodName), % assertion

And now I'm completely stuck again.

jack.