[rabbitmq-discuss] Recovery and Upgrade Path

Steve Weaver weaveinator at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 01:04:28 BST 2009

Hi all -
Have a two part question on RabbitMq.  First I have RabbitMq running on both
Windows Server and RHE server and was wondering what is the best way to go
about recovery if the server itself fails or RabbitMq needs a restart.  I'm
messing around with creating a windows service that starts it for the
windows box but was wondering what the best practice is for both windows and
linux.
Next - we are talking about upgrading rabbitmq so is that a just a matter of
unistalling/reinstalling or can I just rebuild over the top of the older
version.  I'm thinking more the point is for the RHE server as I'm still
getting the hang of the command line stuff (linux noob for the most part) so
that may just be clearing out the directory and dropping / compiling the new
version there.

Thanks very much for any help or insight!
Estaban