[rabbitmq-discuss] Errors Restarting a Stopped Node in Cluster

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Wed Jul 29 21:43:19 BST 2009

Richard,

Rich Kim wrote:
> I've have the cluster setup on auto-configuration,

what's in the cluster config file of the three nodes?

Also, do any of the nodes have a file

/export/home/common/repository/rabbitmq/current/mnesia/rabbit/cluster_nodes.config

?

You said that the node came up after removing the mnesia dir. Did it end
up clustering itself with the other nodes?

Here is another thought ... the above dir isn't by any chance on an NFS
mount that is shared by all machines, is it? That certainly would cause
all sorts of problems.

I am attaching a transcript of a session where I tried to reproduce the
problem but failed. The setup isn't quite the same as yours - I am
running all nodes on the same machine and I am using a recent
development snapshot - but that shouldn't matter.

See whether you can spot any significant differences to what you are doing.

If you can produce a similar transcript that exhibits the problem then I
can try to replicate your setup more closely.

Regards,

Matthias.