[rabbitmq-discuss] Errors Restarting a Stopped Node in Cluster

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Wed Jul 29 19:47:50 BST 2009

Richard,

Rich Kim wrote:
> I have a cluster of 3 rabbitmq servers, when I attempt to restart one of
> these nodes, I am unable to bring it back up.

Can you post a transcript of the commands for starting the nodes,
setting up the cluster, stopping the node, and then restarting it?

Generally, restarting a single node should work w/o any problems, so I
suspect there is some peculiarity about your cluster setup or the way
you restart the nodes. The transcript should make it obvious if that is
the case.

When shutting down and restarting *multiple* nodes, the order can be
important, depending on how exactly the cluster was configured.

Regards,

Matthias.