[rabbitmq-discuss] [rabbitmq-dscuss] Is it possible to recover from crash, "{corrupt_log_file, .}"

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Wed Jul 29 17:57:07 BST 2009

Mark,

Mark Geib wrote:
> I have created durable queues and exchanges, and are publishing
> persistent message to test "robustness". I successufully stopped/started
> rabbitmq a number of times without data loss. Then I pulled power on the
> server and rabbitmq will not start. I get
> [...]
> {rabbit_persister,replay,[{corrupt_log_file,"/var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia/rabbit/rabbit_persister.LOG"}, ...
> [...]
> Is it possible to recover from this state.??

There should be a .LOG.previous file in the same dir, and replacing the
.LOG with the .LOG.previous file should work.

See these two threads:

http://www.nabble.com/Diagnosing-a-problem-to24607945.html
http://www.nabble.com/RabbitMQ-broker%27s-death-by-one-cut%3A-robustness-problem-to23253772.html

Regards,