[rabbitmq-discuss] Deploying rabbit in same node with other apps?

Alexis Richardson alexis.richardson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 10:29:35 BST 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 9:26 AM, Juhani Ränkimies<juhani at juranki.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it safe to run rabbit in same node with other applications that use mnesia?

You need to at the very least make sure there is no namespace clash
between RabbitMQ's mnesia tables, and those of the other apps.  We ran
into this problem with the XMPP adaptor, which loads RabbitMQ into
ejabberd.  Both Rabbit and ejabberd shared a table name which caused
problems.  This has now been fixed.

In general however, I would recommend running RabbitMQ on its own,
unless loads are very low, or you need to share data through mnesia.

alexis