[rabbitmq-discuss] Login woes with the Ruby amqp library

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Wed Jul 22 14:54:14 BST 2009

Matthias Radestock wrote:
> In other words, an authentication failure will result in the connection
> getting closed by the server, without it sending any error to the client.

This is something I'm torn on. On the one hand, it'd be easy enough to
transmit a connection.close (or similar) before shutting the socket
down; but on the other hand, a closed connection at this point is pretty
unambiguously an authentication failure, IIUC.

I think clients -- all of them -- should probably be altered to report
such an abrupt connecton closure at that phase of connection
establishment as an authentication failure.

Tony
--
 [][][] Tony Garnock-Jones     | Mob: +44 (0)7905 974 211
   [][] LShift Ltd             | Tel: +44 (0)20 7729 7060
 []  [] http://www.lshift.net/ | Email: tonyg at lshift.net