[rabbitmq-discuss] AMQP authentication with RabbitMQ

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Mon Jul 20 21:49:05 BST 2009

Darien,

Darien Kindlund wrote:
> Well, AMQP over SSL is a little long; plus, I assume IANA will want a
> protocol name if you're going to make 5672 (amqp) and 5673 (amqps) in
> /etc/services as standards.

amqp and amqps have already been registered with IANA for ports 5672 and
5671 (NB: not ...3) respectively. So AMQPS it is.

> I'm not an erlang expert by any means; I'm currently working on
> integrating some erlang supervisory code. Assuming I can grok the
> syntax and language, I could take a stab at this later on. A change
> like this would probably also mean digging through the nmesia DB
> schema, as the mappings would probably have to reside there (wherever
>  the username/passwords are stored).

Yes, some tweaks to the mnesia schema will be necessary. Should all be
fairly straightforward though and not lead you anywhere near the really
complex pieces of the rabbitmq code base.

Matthias.