[rabbitmq-discuss] queue_disappeared?

Matthew Sackman matthew at lshift.net
Tue Jul 7 22:43:59 BST 2009

On Tue, Jul 07, 2009 at 02:46:34PM -0500, tsuraan wrote:
> > timeout just means your server was very heavily loaded. We solved this is a
> > later release. Either use the latest 1.5 (1.5.5?) or 1.6.
>
> Ok, I'll be testing out 1.6.0 for a while then.  Will there be a
> "stable" (non-beta) 1.6.x release, or is 1.7 the stable target?

As bugs are found in 1.6.0, they will be fixed, and point releases
made. 1.7.0 will certainly not be marked "final" in the way that
1.5.5 was. But all of the fixes incorporated into 1.5.5 are in 1.6
so the source of new bugs will (normally) be new code. All of which
is a very long winded way of saying "we don't know". It depends on
bugs being found in 1.6.0, and how fast work gets finished for 1.7.

About the only thing useful I can tell you is that currently there
is one bug open for 1.6.0 which I opened myself and is more to do
with me moaning than with anything that's likely to affect people
using Rabbit in the wild! - i.e. we are not sitting on a massive
stack of open bugs for 1.6.0 - unless people have not been telling
us about bugs, it appears to be no less stable than 1.5.5.

I hope that's of some use.

Matthew