[rabbitmq-discuss] Return message? [Was: Re: Sample code for python?]

Esteve Fernandez esteve at sindominio.net
Tue Jul 7 20:20:58 BST 2009

> OK... I was just wondering what folks tend to use,.

We're using Thrift for RPC over AMQP [1], but you can use it purely as a
serialization library, without RPC (so you don't need Twisted and txAMQP at
all). Serialized Thrift structures tend to be 50%-80% smaller than the
equivalent JSON ones. Also, if you're using Python, Thrift is slightly faster
than cjson.

I wouldn't use pickle for serializing objects and sending them over the
network, as its not cross-platform and completely insecure:

http://jcalderone.livejournal.com/15864.html

Cheers.

1 - https://launchpad.net/txamqp