[rabbitmq-discuss] multiple consumers on one channel?

tsuraan tsuraan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 16:49:16 BST 2009

> Is this question still current, or have you answered your own question
> in the meantime?

I think I've answered it myself, but just for fun, here's what I've
seen:  I put two consumers on a single channel, where each queue being
subscribed to has some messages.  I always get all the messages from
one queue before getting any messages from the other queue.  After
both consumers have seen all the messages in their associated queues,
then any new messages in either queue are seen immediately.  Is that
normal?  I would have thought there would be some interleaving of
initial data, like the consumers would get alternating messages or
something, but that doesn't seem to be the case.