[rabbitmq-discuss] Channel thread safety in Java Client

tsuraan tsuraan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 21:34:43 BST 2009

In the Java client guide, it states that channels should not be used
by more than one thread simultaneously.  How can I guarantee this when
I have a consumer on a channel?  I'd like to have a consumer that puts
messages into a local java BlockingQueue, and then once the messages
are handled by other threads, they are acked on the channel that they
came from.  I can easily ensure that none of my acks coincide with
each other, but how can I ensure that the Connection thread isn't
using the Channel while I'm trying to do an ack?