[rabbitmq-discuss] tcp -> rabbitmq gives emfile + 541

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Wed Jul 1 15:43:37 BST 2009

Hi Michael,

Michael Nacos wrote:
> thank you for your email concerning the 0.9.1 C client (*)

The C client on the default branch speaks AMQP 0-8, which is compatible
with current releases of RabbitMQ.

There is a 0-9-1 *branch*, but you have to explicitly select it -- which
is why I advised you omit the branch-switching step :-) If you follow
the instructions (without the switch-to-0-9-1 step!) you will end up
with an AMQP 0-8 C client library.

Here, for the record, are instructions for getting the default branch of
the C client (and example programs) built; at the time of writing, the
code on the default branch speaks AMQP 0-8:

  hg clone http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-codegen
  hg clone http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-c
  cd rabbitmq-c
  autoreconf -i
  ./configure
  make

Regarding the issue with your TCP server, I'm not sure why you're
running into fd limits; surely TIME_WAIT applies to sockets, not fds?

Regards,
  Tony
--
 [][][] Tony Garnock-Jones     | Mob: +44 (0)7905 974 211
   [][] LShift Ltd             | Tel: +44 (0)20 7729 7060
 []  [] http://www.lshift.net/ | Email: tonyg at lshift.net