[rabbitmq-discuss] getting started, broker runs; can't get status

Valentino Volonghi dialtone at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 21:02:32 GMT 2009

On Jan 20, 2009, at 3:30 PM, Matthias Radestock wrote:

> Valentino,
>
> Valentino Volonghi wrote:
>> when installing from source instead (on ubuntu) nothing actually
>> works
>
> Is this reproducible? If so please, please send us a *complete*
> transcript of what you were doing, i.e. covering the build,
> installation, how you started rabbitmq, etc, up to the point where
> you observe something not working.

I think I get it now. The reason is how the script is written using
`dirname $0`

it basically means that if you move the script to /usr/local/bin/ and
run from it
it has the badrpc error for some reason that I cannot understand but
if you
run it from its own directory there's no issue.

--
Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone
Now running MacOS X 10.5