[rabbitmq-discuss] Access Control

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 10:22:45 GMT 2009

Dear List,

Those people who have been following the discussion on access control
in Rabbit are probably aware of the design document that we produced.

The document outlines how we might implement this requirement using
plain jane ACL or capabilities.

Whilst we have decided to go down the ACL route and Matthias is well
on the way to having knocked this code out, I decided to document the
findings of the POC for using capabilities.

This is because it is an interesting concept and the code that was
written is real implementation for a real use case, hence I think it
is valuable to document the experiences gained from having done this.

The article is here:

http://hopper.squarespace.com/blog/2009/1/22/capabilities-for-messaging.html

Ben