[rabbitmq-discuss] getting started, broker runs; can't get status

Michael Steinfeld mikeisgreat at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 22:20:33 GMT 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 5:04 PM, Ben Hood <0x6e6562 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Michael,
>
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 9:56 PM, Michael Steinfeld
> <mikeisgreat at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've installed erlang and rabbitmq from source on rhel4 (x86_64) and I
>> can start the broker without issue, but when I attempt to get 'status'
>> of the broker I fail with
>>
>> Status of node rabbit at dbase2 ...
>> {badrpc,nodedown}
>> ...done.
>
> This link might help:
>
> http://lettuce.squarespace.com/faq/erlang/what-does-badrpcnodedown-mean.html
>
>> All I have done so far is install it and run the broker, I am using
>> the default config for now..
>> I don't see anything relevant in the logs as to what is/not happening..
>
> Can you post the rabbit.log?

This is the entire log:

[root at carrots rabbitmq]# more rabbit.log

=INFO REPORT==== 20-Jan-2009::15:05:48 ===
disk_log: repairing "/var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia/rabbit/rabbit_persister.LOG" ...

=INFO REPORT==== 20-Jan-2009::15:05:48 ===
Repaired persister log - 1 recovered, 0 bad

=INFO REPORT==== 20-Jan-2009::15:05:48 ===
Rolling persister log to
"/var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia/rabbit/rabbit_persister.LOG.previous"

=INFO REPORT==== 20-Jan-2009::15:05:48 ===
started TCP listener on 0.0.0.0:5672

>> Can someone tell me what I can do to provide myself and the list with
>> more information?
>
> How did you install Rabbit? From the RPMs or from a binary tarball?

like this:

$ cd ~/<SRC>
$ mkdir rabbit (this will be <RABBIT> hereunder)
$ cd <RABBIT>
$ wget http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/rabbitmq-server/v1.5.0/rabbitmq-server-1.5.0.tar.gz
$ tar -zxvf rabbitmq-server-1.5.0.tar.gz
$ cd /usr/local/lib/erlang/lib
$ sudo ln -s <SRC>/<RABBIT>/rabbitmq-server-1.5.0 ./rabbitmq-server-1.5.0
* Add the <SRC>/<RABBIT>/rabbitmq-server/scripts to your $PATH

However, I also attempted to use the generic-unix install and was unsuccessful.

extra info:

OS: RHEL 4 (x86_64)
KERNEL: 2.6.9-67.ELsmp