[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ XMPP gateway and 1.5.x: mnesia table renaming needed

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Mon Jan 19 17:55:21 GMT 2009

So, having just updated the XMPP gateway code (see hg repository) to
compile against RabbitMQ 1.5.x, I've run into an interesting roadblock.

 - RabbitMQ 1.5.x defines a mnesia table called 'route'.
 - EJabberd *also* defines a mnesia table called 'route'.

They have different structure and semantics.

This effectively means that the XMPP gateway won't work with the 1.5.x
versions of RabbitMQ.

One or other of the projects needs to rename their tables. We'll do it,
but not until RabbitMQ 1.6.x.

Tony