[rabbitmq-discuss] Message deleted at subscription?

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Sun Jan 18 22:15:53 GMT 2009

Julien,

Julien Genestoux wrote:
> Thanks Matthias for this very helpful and complete answer. I was
> actually not using AMQP, but STOMP...

Apologies, I should have read your post more carefully.

> I guess the problem and the solution remain the same.

I think so. Looking at the rabbitmq-stomp code, there appears to be a
header named "ack" that controls whether the server should
auto-acknowledge messages. It defaults to "auto". Setting it to "client"
should do the trick.

> Do you think I should rather switch from Stomp to Amqp?

That very much depends on what you want to do. Can you tell us more
about your use case?

Regards,

Matthias.