[rabbitmq-discuss] Miscellaneous Question

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Thu Jan 15 00:24:58 GMT 2009

Matthias Radestock wrote:
> The mnesia dir you sent Ben contains evidence of two nodenames:
> phantome-rabbit1 at thunderstallion and phantome-rabbit1 at Phantome.

Interesting - it looks like OS X changes the *hostname* depending on the
assignments it gets back from *DHCP*!

I frequently open my laptop at home, open an xterm, and see
"tonyg at truth" instead of "tonyg at walk"; walk is the name of my OS X
laptop, truth of my linux desktop. When this happens, truth hasn't been
running, and instead I get the IP address that is *usually* assigned to
truth.

Tony