[rabbitmq-discuss] Net::AMQP Perl Client - Status?

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 19:23:08 GMT 2009

Daniel,

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 7:15 PM, Darien Kindlund <darien at kindlund.com> wrote:
> 1) Since RabbitMQ implements only v0.8 (0-8) of the AMQP spec, it does
> not support the 'headers' exchange type (as defined in 0-10 spec).
> Correct?

It does not support the headers exchange as defined in 0.9.1 either
(0.9.1 is the next version of the protocol that we will support).

> If this is correct, can anyone indicate when the 'headers' exchange
> type will be (expected to be) introduced into a version of RabbitMQ?
> (v1.6?)

Unlikely for 1.6. This is because you are the first person in a very
long time that has asked for this exchange type. We will get around to
it, but there is no ETA. In general, we try to prioritize stuff that
gets asked for a lot, and then of course, when change the schedule to
include stuff for very persuasive people :-)

> 2) Both (0-8) and (0-10) AMQP specifications talk about "message
> priority" (i.e., message.delivery-priority).  Can you give me an
> example of how you construct different priority messages via
> Net::STOMP?  Do you just specify the "priority" header with an integer
> value of 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, or 9?  Or, are message priorities not even
> implemented in RabbitMQ v1.5?

No they are not - but there is a chance they may appear in the not too
distant future. Again, for the same reason - you're the first to ask
about this - but we actually have draw up some specs for this. As
always, no ETA.

HTH,

Ben